DESFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Vacancy for Admin Assistant
Desford Parish Council would like to appoint a Temporary Administrative Assistant to help the Clerk with ensuring the smooth-running of the Parish Council.
The post will be for approximately 30 hours per month at a rate of £8.00 per hour. Initially, the successful candidate will be appointed for 6 months (with a review after 3 months) and a possible extension will be considered dependent upon the Council's workload at that time.
If you want to be considered for the post, please apply in writing (either by letter or email to the respective addresses given above) setting out:
- Relevant qualifications, such as GCSEs, etc.
- Your experience of office work, particularly any experience related to public organisations.
- Any details or examples of written and numerical expertise or experience.
- Any experience in liaising with members of the public.
- Details of experience or expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel, together with experience in the use of e-mails and/or other social media.
One of the tasks expected of the Admin Assistant will be to attend the monthly Council meeting and prepare minutes for the meeting. (Council meetings are usually held in the evening on the 3rd Wednesday of each month).
Applications should be received by the Clerk by 12.00 midday on Tuesday the 6th of September 2016. Short-listing of candidates (if required) will be carried out by Thursday the 8th of September and interviews will be held in Desford Library in the week commencing 12th September 2016.
If you require further information or have any queries about the above, please contact the Clerk, Martin Broomhead, on 07849 756616.
Desford Parish Neighbourhood Plan
A stakeholder meeting for the Parish Neighbourhood Plan was held in July.
A copy of the the report is below.
For more information about the Neighbourhood Plan please follow the link on the left hand side.
- RCC Stakeholder Workshop Report (PDF, 1.7 Mb)